| TOWN HALL MEETING: December 3, 2014 at 8:00PM at GVMS|
Since the pursuit of a new Community Center was first announced back in mid-June, some great progress has been made. We would like to share some recent activities as well as key next steps:
We hope this information provides the community a sense of GVCO's progress over the last few months as we move forward on our mission of "One Goal. One Community. One Center." Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Town Hall Meeting on December 3rd!
- Lynn Cummings Development Consultants (www.lcdc.com) completed a feasibility/planning study to assess GVCO, and the attainability of a new Community Center. The results of this study will be shared at a December 3, 2014 Town Hall Meeting at 8:00PM at the Great Valley Middle School. All community members are invited to attend.
- The services of Bill Bennington, LLC have been retained to create a strategic plan to make GVCO's mission a reality
- We are working with EB Walsh & Associates (www.ebwalshinc.com), a local civil engineering design and land surveying firm
- We continue to partner with IMC Construction (www.imcconstruction.com), a local commercial general contractor, on the plans to begin the project
- On Monday November 10, 2014 the Great Valley School Board publicly announced the school district's discussions with GVCO for the potential sale of six or seven acres of land on Bacton Hill Road, near the current GVBL Center. The question of "where?" has been answered.
Sunday game times for the Boys 7th/8th grade division have changed. Please take a
GVBL is currently taking registrations for our Boys High School division. The registration fee for the 2014-2015 season
is $125.00. You must be a GVSD resident, grade 9th through 12th to participate. Games in early December and finish with playoffs the 1st
week of March. All games will be played at GVMS and GWES (lower) gymnasiums. There will be no practices. As always we will need parents
to volunteer to coach, however they will have no refereeing responsibilities as GVBL will be assigning referees for the games.
Download a registration form
GVBL HS open gym time: 11/18 7-9PM, 11/19 8-10PM, 12/1 6-8PM, 12/2 7-9PM
Questions? Contact Keith Walsh at KEWalsh33@aol.com
The GVCO Dodgeball Tournament will be held Nov. 25th from 4-10PM. This event is for
boys and girls in grades 6-8. Teams must have 5 players and must be co-ed with at least 2 boys or 2 girls. Only 18 teams will be accepted and registration ends Nov. 17th.
The fee per team is $30 and there will be free pizza and candy.
Download a flyer
with more details
Download a registration form
The tournament benefits the Great Valley Caring Hands
Back by popular demand our Junior Hoopsters program has been restarted. This is for Pre-K and Kindergartners ages 4-6. It will expose them
to the wonderful and exciting game of basketball. Kids will be doing fun drills that includes dribbling, shooting and passing. It
will be non-competitive and just fun for everyone! Two 6 week sessions are available; December/January and February/March.
Download a schedule
The 3rd Annual Fall Sale has moved online. Support the Great Valley Fallen Caring Hands
donates to local families experiencing a hardship or tragic event in their lives.
1. View our inventory
2. Fill out an GVCO Order Form
3. GVCO will contact you about payment and delivery/pickup arrangements
Over 800 runners and walkers participated in the first Runnifer on Sunday September 14, 2014
. The event was a
tremendous display of community support. Additional information on the Jennifer Stagnaro Memorial Fund information is available
. Donations can be made below.
If you are a donor to the United Way Campaign, you may direct all or a portion of your
contribution to GVCO’s Campaign goals.
on GVCO and the United Way.
The Great Valley Basketball League is designed to be an instructional youth basketball league for kids within the
Great Valley School District, serving the 1st through the 12th grades. The purpose of the program is to create a fun experience
for the kids, playing and learning the game of basketball, while competing within their peers from the surrounding community.
The GVBL Center is located at 19 North Bacton Hill Rd, Malvern, PA
, near the intersection of Bacton Hill and Swedesford Rd.
The GVBL Center and Great Valley Community Center are entities of The Great Valley Community Organization
("GVCO") is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization under the taxcode provided by the Internal Revenue Service.
The purpose of GVCO includes providing multi-use indoors facilities for community activities, focusing on youth athletics,
senior citizen activities and to further community, recreational, charitable and educational programs and events. The
official registration and financial information of the Great Valley Community Organization may be obtained from the
Pennsylvania Dept. of State by calling toll free, within Penna., 1(800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.